Monday, August 01, 2005

Darn virus caught me off-guard...

Talk about a bad week! Last week was terrible for me as I had caught the flu (not that I wanted to!) since Monday night and was immobilised by Tuesday, so I had to call in sick at the office. On Wednesday, I was still reeling from the virus and medications the doctor prescribed but have to go out and do field work with a couple of my colleagues for an assignment. Mind you, the deadline is quite a close call on August the 5th, so you can guess that it was a 'by hook or by crook' kind of thingy that I had to go out even in the sorry state I was in. But a lunch treat by one of the collegues I've mentioned heightened my mood a bit; I'm a man of simple pleasures :)

But it still came out good by the late afternoon - I've purchased a couple of PS2 games that I have been searching frantically for: The King Of Fighters Neowave as well as Dai 3 Ji Super Robot Wars. Yay! And no, I didn't stay up till the wee hours playing them. For goodness sakes, I was sick! But anyway, by Saturday, I was already feeling well enough to watch telly (yes, I was VERY sick!). And by nightfall, I had taken my PS2 for a testrun of the two games I've bought. Imagine my glee as my PS2 loaded up... without the games in it yet. Being deprived of your PS2 or any other game consoles is such a sad thing to happen to anyone.

I tried KOF Neowave first, but I don't see much difference from previous SNK-Playmore creations. And the music was kind of, well, off for a fighting game. To sum it up, the KOF series by SNK between 1995-1999 were the best in terms of graphics, music and sound effects. As for SRW Alpha 3, I've yet to reach a conclusion, but rest assured that I will post an in-depth review of both games as soon as I get my day job deadlines out of the way.

By the way, those of you who are into import games would like to know that the Japanese version of Shadow Hearts: From The New World is already out in stores - I've personally seen them this time around.


P/S: I'm already feeling well today. Thanks for asking.

5 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger CheaYee said...

i see...

this is YOUR blog...

didn't know u had one.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Silverfox said...

Congratulations, you're the second person to post a comment *snickers* Yeah, i'm lame... sigh. Know any friends who are into video gaming? *looks at CY with big, innocent cows eyes*

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger CheaYee said...

Ummmm

Bellarmine??

*ha ha ha*

Give him your blog address. He will browse through kwah. Do you have him on MSN?

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger CheaYee said...

haven't u heard of Project Petaling Street?

Well, it's to ping the http://www.petalingstreet.org/

each time you update your blog, so people can come visit it.

I would consider yours a games review blog?

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Silverfox said...

It's news, previews, reviews and personal views regarding the video game industry, though at the moment it's having fewer updates lately because my work backed up at me (literally) like a lorry whose ignorant driver didn't see what's behind his vehicle *sigh* Hmm, www.petalingstreet.org... okies, tried it just now, let's hope (with fingers crossed) that it'll do wonders :) Thanks for the tip, CY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home