Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The beginnings of the Dark Knight's adventures


Cover scan of the PlayStation 2's Batman Begins

Yes, people; Batman Begins is finally out in the market! It's gonna be a while before the game is shipped over to this part of the world, but I've gotten my hands on a friend's imported copy, and I must say the whole game presentation suited the mood of a Batman game. I particularly liked the idea of being able to scare enemy thugs and making them jump at the slightest noise after that, but I felt the game could've approached this unique method with less repetition. Still, the controls are great (but not as excellent as Mr David Jaffe's God Of War) and most of the game mechanics are spot on.

That's just the tip of the iceberg, for as soon as I can get my hands on my own copy of Batman Begins, I will post a full review of how the whole game went. Before I sign off for now, there's something about the game that I noted: during one of the game chapters where Bruce Wayne is in the Himalayas training in the art of the shadows, I noticed some peculiar glitch. Ironically, it has something to do with shadows; it was Bruce's shadow and it rotated 360 degrees in one of the checkpoints and was floating off the ground in another! Weird, as though the game is still buggy even in its final release. More on this soon, I promise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home