Thursday, August 11, 2005

Horror heads-up!

Fatal Frame 3 sneaked up on me and gave a startled jolt, proclaiming its arrival on our shores with much eerie quietness. Okay, so maybe it's not eerie in that sense (and by the way, the game is a Japanese version release), but still, it's quite disturbing that there was no release date being proclaimed and I happen to find out about it by chance. Fatal Frame 3: The Tormented (Rei: Shisei No Koe) continues the horror saga that many agree it to be one of the best horror genres around from Tecmo, introducing a horror-themed game with an Asian feel that we can all relate to (hey, Malaysians are Asians too, you know!).

This time around, you will be in control of not one but three protagonists who will have to solve mysteries that goes beyond the grave, I kid you not. Gameplay will take on a new concept, and those who are familiar with the Silent Hill series would probably know what I'm rambling about: weaving in and out of the real world and into a gruesome place; my guess is probably the Himuro mansion where the last two games have been largely based upon. But that's just what I've read in previews on the game from other reviewers, so let's see how Fatal Frame 3 really turns out to be after I give the game a go. So many games yet so little time. With the amount of work that I have to do, things are pretty grim at the moment for a game review; yes, I know I have promised you fellas an insight to Garou: Mark Of The Wolves almost a month back, but I can assure you that you have my word for it on a hands on review! In the meantime, back to slavery, sigh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home