Tuesday, December 27, 2005

SNK-Playmore screwed up... again!

Just went shopping yesterday for some new games, and boy, there had been a few Japanese releases that blew my mind off... with the exception of one, that is. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence had just been made available in Japan and is gearing for its second success, as well as new games Rogue Galaxy, Kingdom Hearts II and NeoGeo Battle Coliseum. Out of these four PS2 titles, I bet you can guess the dud.

All I can say about me ending up with NeoGeo Battle Coliseum is my unending (and desperate, if you may) hope that SNK-Playmore would not screw up the games SNK had previously moulded with care; a great number of their classics (before merging with Korean-based Playmore) had been well-known for in terms of music, sound effects and most importantly, graphics. Of course, my hopes were dashed and I ended disappointed once again with SNK-Playmore. If my subtle hint last time about the King Of Fighters Neowave didn't get their attention, maybe a call for a little harshness should do the trick:

Playmore spoiled the SNK games and made them worse than crap!!! And the character design/remodelling looked gay, even~!! For goodness' sake, don't fix them if it ain't broken!!!

Right, with that out of the way, I have some good news for those of you waiting for the verdict of Rogue Galaxy, Kingdom Hearts II and Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence - they look absolutely fantastic and the gameplay is second to none in their respective categories. If you can read and understand Japanese, go get these three games; it's a must! For the rest of you, the wait is just three months before the English version comes out. Till then, don't go and buy the NeoGeo Battle Coliseum if you can help it. Trust me, it ain't worth the time and money...

Happy holidays and don't forget to make (and keep) a New Year resolution. As for me, I just hope that the original artists and game designers of previous SNK games would show what it takes to make a compelling and successful game that everyone likes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home